logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas

Cote D'Ivoire

No Open Banking

Sits on the southern coast of West Africa.

Côte d’Ivoire’s internet penetration rate stood at 36% of the total population at the start of 2022. Mobile connections in Côte d’Ivoire were equivalent to 138% of the total population in January 2022.

51% of adults in Côte d’Ivoire had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 49% unbanked. Côte d’Ivoire has an aim to reach a 60% inclusion rate by 2024, as well as to gradually digitize 80% of the government’s financial flows.

Cote d’Ivoire is served by the Central Bank of West African States (CBWAS), with other nations sharing the West African CFA currency. CBWAS has adopted a regional financial inclusion strategy, yet its measurement is still under discussion.