logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas


No Open Banking

An island nation, sitting in the Indian Ocean, off the southeast coast of Africa.

The internet penetration rate of Mauritius is 65%, and the mobile connection rate is 154%.

91% of adults in Mauritius had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 9% unbanked. The Budget speech of 2021-2022 announced that the Bank of Mauritius (BOM) would introduce a national QR Code standard to facilitate digital payments and set up an Open-Lab for banking and payment solutions. 

Mauritius Central Automated Switch (MauCAS) was launched in 2019 to route payments between banks, making banking, e-commerce, and mobile payments interoperable.

Mauritius ranked 55th out of 134 countries in Wiley’s Digital Skills Global Index 2021