logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas

Sierra Leone

No Open Banking

A coastal West African country.

Sierra Leone’s internet penetration rate stood at 32% of the total population by 2022. Mobile connections in Sierra Leone were equivalent to 113% of the total population in January 2022.

29% of adults in Sierra Leone had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 71% unbanked.