logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas


No Open Banking

The second-most populous country in West Africa.

Ghana’s internet penetration rate was 53% in 2022. Mobile connections in Ghana were equivalent to 140% of the total population in January 2022.

68% of adults in Ghana had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 32% unbanked. The World Bank’s economic update of Ghana praised the country’s solution to mobile money switching for banking interoperability. Ghana’s National Financial Inclusion and Development Strategy 2018-2023 states an aim to “increase access to formal financial services from 58% to 85% of the adult population by 2023 and to focus on relatively excluded groups.” These groups include women, people in the poorest regions and rural residents.

Ghana ranked 95th out of 134 countries in Wiley’s Digital Skills Global Index 2021