logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas


No Open Banking

Iraq, officially the Republic of Iraq, is a country in Western Asia.

75% of Iraqis have access to the internet.

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) included applying Open Banking services and electronic platforms to increase efficiencies and transparency from services provided by the banking sector in its 2021-2023 strategic plan.

According to the Global Findex Database, 19% of adults in Iraq had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 81% unbanked.

Financial inclusion is the main pillar for enhancing the use and ease of access to financial and banking services in Iraq.

According to Tracxn, there are 24 Fintech startups in Iraq.

Data on computer programming education and skills are not readily available in Iraq. The experience working with startups and anecdotal evidence suggest that the shortage of coders in Iraq has increased the time and cost of launching an app- or website-based business.