logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas


No Open Banking

A landlocked West African nation which is the eighth-largest country in Africa.

Mali’s internet penetration rate was 30% of the total population by 2022. Mobile connections in Mali were equivalent to 112% of the total population in January 2022.

44% of adults in Mali had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 56% unbanked.

Mali is served by the Central Bank of West African States (CBWAS), with other nations sharing the West African CFA currency. CBWAS has adopted a regional financial inclusion strategy, yet its measurement is still under discussion. 

Mali ranked 122nd out of 134 countries in Wiley’s Digital Skills Global Index 2021