logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas


No Open Banking

Cameroon sits at the crossroads of West Africa and Central Africa.

37% of people in Cameroon have access to the internet, and 79% of the population have a mobile phone connection.

52% of adults in Cameroon had bank accounts, leaving 48% unbanked. People widely prefer informal credit over formal credit. The mistrust of the banking industry has been cited as a reason for the sluggish development of mobile money Fintech. 

Cameroon ranked 105th out of 134 countries in Wiley’s Digital Skills Global Index 2021