logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas


No Open Banking

Located on the equator on the west coast of Central Africa.

Gabon’s internet penetration is 62%, and its mobile connection rate is equivalent to 135% of the population. 

66% of adults in Gabon had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 34% unbanked. Financial inclusion has been rapidly increasing in Gabon, with an increase in 213% of women having bank accounts from 2011 to 1017, mainly due to enhanced access to mobile money accounts.