Back to Innovation Atlas


No Open Banking

Israel is a country in Western Asia. It is situated on the southeastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea and the northern shore of the Red Sea.

84% of Israelis have access to the internet.

Israel has started implementation processes for the Berlin Group NextGenPSD2 Framework

According to the Global Findex Database, 93% of adults in Israel had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 7% unbanked.

There are more than 500 Fintech startups in Israel.

Israel ranked 12th out of 134 in Wiley’s Digital Skills Gap Index (DSGI) 2021.

The regulator in Israel has recently announced its intention to establish a regulatory sandbox in collaboration with Fintech startups. The sandbox is meant to alleviate some of the barriers to entry into the sector and to provide small start-ups with a lenient regulatory environment in which to develop innovative products.