logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas

Lao People's Democratic Republic

No Open Banking

The only landlocked country in Southeast Asia.

51% of the population uses the internet.

37% of adults in Lao PDR have bank accounts, leaving 63% unbanked.

The landlocked nation of over 7 million people has been a communist state since the 1950s. 85% of the population is involved in subsistence-level agriculture, mainly rice farming. The Lao People’s Democratic Republic does not have official Open Banking plans.