logo library
Access The Global Open Data Tracker
Fill out your details to explore the Standards Library and Innovation Atlas.
Back to the main site
Back to Innovation Atlas

South Sudan

No Open Banking

A landlocked country in East Africa which gained independence from Sudan in 2011.

Only 7% of the population used the internet at the beginning of 2023, and mobile usage is equivalent to 33% of the population.

6% of adults in South Sudan had bank accounts in 2021, leaving 94% unbanked.